The slightly ‘fluffy’ nature of Pinterest might seem at odds with the serious world of science and healthcare. But a growing acknowledgement that the aesthetics of medical device design can have a huge effect on patients means that taking a visual approach to innovation certainly has its place. And so, here are our favourite boards for medtechers to get inspired…
1. German design agency Wilddesign specialises in making products look beautiful, and call themselves ‘creatives with confidence’. Here are their best boards
2. UK-based design consultant, Ryan McGinley, is passionate about ‘re-imagining the human side of technology’. His medical design board gathers together his favourite finds.
3. Design aficionado, Jimmy Mower, pins medical products from all over the globe, as well as general cult classics. See his board here.
4. Award-winning industrial designer Adam Haynes is currently based in medtech-hotspot, Cambridge (where else?). His health board has some interesting finds.
5. Industrial design engineer Zach Donohue is a keen pinner whose ID medical board focuses on hospital innovations.
6. Product designer Andy Jones has an interesting portfolio of medical designs himself and has shared some of his inspiration on his medical device design board.
7. Digital specialists, Vuniiun, say ‘we love software, devices and the general application of science. However there must always be a humanside, otherwise what’s the point?’ See what they mean on their #humanside board.
8. Art and design student Dann Innes’ medical device: design board looks at things from a strong visual perspective.
9. Nick Lockey ‘wrestles with ideas. Occasionally wins’. His humour is obvious in his medical mystery tour board.
10. Inventor Spot covers all the latest news about new products, innovations and inventions. These two boards are their best (for medtechers):
You're the expert! Write for The Engine or share your articles, papers and researchAdd your content
Add your content
Sign up for Ignition, our regular, ideas-packed newsletter